Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Beginnings

Last year, right about this time, my biggest intention in life was to be exactly where I sit today, living a life of freedom and of choices. I went from living in a condo in LA and working jobs I didn't enjoy to pay my mortgage, to living out of bi-coastal storage units. I am traveling light these days and come January, for the first time in my life, I have no plan.  I can go wherever, whenever I like and I have no ties that bind.  It's an exhilarating feeling that is a force for my type A ego to reckon with.

I spent the last 3 months on the road in New Mexico, Fiji, Tasmania, and New Zealand working a contract job that was a perfect jumping off point for my desired lifestyle.  I've traveled like this before for my work, but this time when I left for my travels, I began knowing this was a start to a new way of life and I really leaned into it like I never have before.  I had no home or apartment to come back to, I didn't live anywhere except where I happened to be staying at that moment.  I began to feel more at home on the road, healthier, happier, and more at peace than I do when I land in Los Angeles or New York or Kansas City...anywhere people ask me what my "plan" is.  I have no plan.  My plan is no plan!  I find people don't like it when I tell them that; they get scared.  They not only get scared for me, I think deep down they get scared that they gave up the ability to have "no plan" somewhere along the way.  The truth is, if you live in the moment, looking at every day, every hour, every minute, as an opportunity to think outside the box and to get creative with even the smallest, most insignificant decisions, you too can claim the "no plan" agenda and see where the year, month, week, day or the hour takes you.


No comments:

Post a Comment